by Eileen Viglione
ISI heads to Norwich, Conn., known as “The Rose of New England,” for the 2019 Holiday Challenge, at the spectacular RoseGarden Ice Arena. Featuring an NHL-size rink, arcade, concession areas and more, the arena received a $1.7 million makeover in 2015.
Norwich is an historic city, located about 20 minutes from the Atlantic ocean. This area of the country is the perfect place for a vacation. It not only has beautiful beaches but it’s also filled with fun and fascinating things to do. Plus, October is the best time to see the famous New England trees bursting with fall colors!
Holiday Challenge offers skaters the perfect opportunity to perfect their holiday programs. Test and entry deadline is Sept. 15. Start planning now. See you in New England!
Top 5 Things to Do
- Visit an orchard to pick apples and pumpkins, enjoy cider donuts and hot ciderand find your way out of a corn maze.
- Take a drive on Route 169 from Norwich to Woodstock to “leaf peep”— see the colorful leaves on the trees.
- Explore Mystic Seaport Museum, where you can climb aboard massive sailing ships and learn about the history of shipbuilding and the fishing.
- Tour the USS Nautilus submarine,the world’s first nuclear powered vessel, first ship to go to the North Pole and first submarine to journey 20,000 leagues under the sea!
- Discover more than 40 life-size dinosaurs on nature trails at a 60-plus acre family fun adventure park.
Gales Ferry, CT
(Home of the USS Nautilus)
ATTRACTIONS FOR GROWN-UPS